- Available for purchase: Starburst Candy Corn. At Target.
- They’re assembling the Halloween section at Target; they had huge funky styrofoam wigs up for display, but not much else yet.
- I went to JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels and Hobby Lobby (yesterday). Everyone has fall flowers and picks and stuff on sale, so if you’re making something crafty, for, say FALL FEST, I’d go now.
- Garbage Amnesty Day is September 30, which means I will be cleaning out my garage AND having a garage sale the week prior. No, I mean it. Someone tell my husband to stop laughing. Does anyone want to join me to make it a neighborhood-wide thing? Let me know.
- Buy Tootsie Rolls from the forlorn-looking Knights of Columbus you might see working the street corners. It’s their “44th annual Intellectual Disabilities Fund Drive. This drive, which raises about $2 million annually statewide, benefits organizations such as Special Olympics and other recreation programs, therapeutic schools, daily care organizations, and group homes or other residential communities for persons with developmental disabilities.” So, organizations like Seaspar and Miseracordia get help when you buy those Tootsie Rolls.
- Let me know if you want the neighborhood Halloween party again. I have an idea for the kids’ scavenger hunt in the park that I think will work better than last year.
Sleepover Threat LevelModerate. We are about to enter a period when a sleepover can strike at any time. Be aware.
What’s for dinner tonight?spaghetti. probably. just assume every night it's spaghetti and one day it will be right.
Today’s Earworm"War Pigs" by Black Sabbath. Yeah, it's that kind of day.
Ridiculous Magazine Story Title of the Day"Can Organizing Save Your Marriage?" -- Real Simple, July 2014. Yes, in addition to not having white enough teeth and not being sexually adventurous enough, your disorganized laundry room made your husband leave you. Feel the appropriate amount of shame for being not good enough.
What Is Martha Stewart Doing Today?It just says "Maine" so she's either on vacation or she's buying a whole damn state. Probably just to get her hands on the blueberries.
I got a job now, but you can still give me money if you feel like it