- Available for purchase: Starburst Candy Corn. At Target.
- They’re assembling the Halloween section at Target; they had huge funky styrofoam wigs up for display, but not much else yet.
- I went to JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels and Hobby Lobby (yesterday). Everyone has fall flowers and picks and stuff on sale, so if you’re making something crafty, for, say FALL FEST, I’d go now.
- Garbage Amnesty Day is September 30, which means I will be cleaning out my garage AND having a garage sale the week prior. No, I mean it. Someone tell my husband to stop laughing. Does anyone want to join me to make it a neighborhood-wide thing? Let me know.
- Buy Tootsie Rolls from the forlorn-looking Knights of Columbus you might see working the street corners. It’s their “44th annual Intellectual Disabilities Fund Drive. This drive, which raises about $2 million annually statewide, benefits organizations such as Special Olympics and other recreation programs, therapeutic schools, daily care organizations, and group homes or other residential communities for persons with developmental disabilities.” So, organizations like Seaspar and Miseracordia get help when you buy those Tootsie Rolls.
- Let me know if you want the neighborhood Halloween party again. I have an idea for the kids’ scavenger hunt in the park that I think will work better than last year.
Sleepover Threat LevelModerate. We are in a period when a sleepover can strike at any time. Be aware.
What’s for dinner tonight?Pizza at grandma and grandpas, but I'm bringing salad too. Because I am NOT giving up.
Today’s EarwormHuh. None. Weird.
Ridiculous Magazine Story Title of the DayI don't read magazines anymore. Maybe I'll change this to "ridiculous promotional email sent to me." I'll put that on the to-do list.
What Is Martha Stewart Doing Today?I don't get here magazine anymore. Do you suppose she puts her calendar online? I'll have to check.
I got a job now, but you can still give me money if you feel like it